Upward Bound Application
The Upward Bound Application Process
Applicant submits ALL required information:
Here's a step-by-step description of how the UB application process works:
1. The UB office receives your COMPLETE application (use the checklist seen below to make sure you have everything).
2. You meet with a UB staff member to conduct a student interview; we can usually do this when we visit your school during lunch time.
3. All application materials are reviewed to determine your eligibility.
4. The UB staff has a meeting with you and at least one parent/guardian at the UB office.
5. You will receive an admission decision in the mail or during a UB school visit.
In order to be considered for admission, we must receive ALL of the following:
Completed and signed application
Income verification (if required, see section IV)
Application Essay form
Student Needs Assessment
Authorization to Obtain Education Records form
Most recent transcript & SOL scores (you must request these from the guidance office)
Teacher Recommendation (your teacher will submit it to the UB office)
Guidance Counselor Recommendation (your counselor will submit it to the UB office)